Saturday, October 09, 2004

Hunt for the perfect Venue

Well, last night my search 4 the perfect venue to hold my kick ass cd release party continued. After watching opening night of an absolutely amazing tour-de-force performance at Mobtown Players' production of Hedwig and the Angry Inch, I rolled downtown thinking I would check out the Vault. There was a big cd release party happening there. This was to be my fourth outing this week in a local music venue. The only problem was once I got there I had to roll around the block 50 times looking for parking, there was construction going on everywhere and the only solution I had was to pay $10 to park in the garage. Now, I only wanted to check the bands and venue out for a couple of hours ... and I had to pay $10? That's the problem I'm finding with a lot of venues ... the parking situation sucks ass! How can I lure people into coming to see a show if they have no place to park or have to pay something ridiculous like $10?! I think maybe I'm going to stop looking in the city and start looking in the county ... or maybe the $10 isn't a big deal to most people ... just my broke ass. In any case, I missed the show, missed seeing the Vault and really didn't feel bad about it. I have 2 words for them ... "validated parking".

"I've got an Angry Inch!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home